The ASSOS Werksteam edition of the race-proven RS Bib Shorts S9, returning with its external rollBars for added stability and butterfly panel for secure, frictionless muscle support.
Countless hours in the saddle, hyper-focused on the details. Whether it’s seam placement, stitch type, or how textiles react to changes in body temperature, the ASSOS Werksteam is taking note. It’s this selection of riders who brings lab concepts to life, and then drives finished product even further. Such is the case with the Werksteam Bib Shorts, tuned for the performance-minded rider and year-round racer who makes no compromises in fit, function, or style.
These bibs are engineered for full-gas summer training and racing, as well as indoor sessions. Pair them with the Summer Skin Layer and RS SS Jersey for the complete airflow-enhancing kit.
- The main fabric panel is made using Type.441, A patented 40-gauge warp knit, developed specifically for compressive hold and silky comfort.
- Constructed using the S9 raceFit platform, the shorts employ our A-Lock Engineering framework for maximum stability and to secure the insert in place as you pedal. Our rollBar bib straps, modified ergoBox, and one-piece Butterfly panel join forces as your weight transfers in the saddle, ensuring frictionless comfort and stability during high-output efforts.
- Carbon Xbib: A single section of elastic material—folded over on itself—forms a supportive A-frame that delivers limited vertical stretch in the rear. Above the “X” junction, a more flexible material is used, incorporating an antibacterial carbon weave, to wick moisture and lay flat in the front.
- Ultralight Leg Grippers: New Lycra leg band structure naturally grips the thigh—free of silicone treatment—to deliver a smooth, ultralight hold.
- EQUIPE RS Insert: Antibacterial microfiber booster top sheet in 3D basalt colorway. Pays homage to the lava stone that gives us strength, stability, and courage.
- superAir microShock foam: A lightweight open cell foam with a shock absorbing composition that returns to its original position, filling the gap every time pedaling position is changed in the saddle through the shift of weight.
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight.
- goldenGate: A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area.
- kraterCooler: System of small holes in the front of the insert that increases airflow so that your sensitive areas are kept cooler.