In 2010 Castelli introduced the Gabba to the pros and changed the way pros race in the rain. And cold. And ride in training. Every other performance cyclist soon saw the need for a Gabba in his or her wardrobe.
There have been some minor updates along the way, but for the fourth-generation Gabba Castelli started with a clean slate to make a significant upgrade. That involved moving it to water resistance, which meant developing a new exclusive GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® fabric.
The front-facing fabric was made warmer with a light brushing, while the rear-facing fabrics are lighter yet more water repellent than the previous Gabba.
It's also better in the rain through seam sealing on the shoulders and a covered zipper. Based on Team Ineos testing it was decided that it's better to have two pockets that are easier to access with gloved hands, but there is also an internal sleeve to keep your pump or other items from moving around.
WINDPROOFNESS - 5/5
WATERPROOFNESS - 4/5
INSULATION - 3/5
BREATHABILITY - 4/5
LIGHTWEIGHT - 3/5
- The 4th generation of the Gabba from the inventors of the Gabba
- Now more water-resistant than ever
- Castelli exclusive GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 205 Warm brushed water-resistant fabric on front-facing surfaces
- GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 203 Stretch on rear-facing surfaces for extra stretch and breathability
- Taped shoulder seams for extra rain protection
- YKK® Vislon® zipper for easy sliding, covered for extra wind and rain protection
- 2 rear pockets with pump sleeve are easily accessed with gloved hands
- Dropped tail with large black reflective panel
- 9°-16°C / 48°-61°F
- Weight:204 g