Banff Up-Close Waterproof Map
Gem Trek’s BANFF UP-CLOSE MAP is waterproof and tear-resistant. It is primarily designed for visitors who are going to be in Banff for a short period of time and want to make the most of their stay.
The main map is a detailed relief-shaded topographic map of the Banff area. All hiking and biking trails are labeled, and distances are marked.
Like all Gem Trek maps, the Banff Up-Close Map features detailed cartography and accurate hiking trails with distances, elevation gain, and directions to the trailhead noted.
On the back of the map are descriptions of the sights, museums and scenic drives in Banff, with hours of operation and admission fees noted to make it easier to plan your day.
We’ve also included a hand-picked list of the best seven walks and day hikes in the area. The highlights of each trail are noted, as well as distance, elevation gain and directions to the trailhead.
The Banff Up-Close Map includes:
- Waterproof and tear-resistant paper
- Contour lines at 25-metre (80-foot) intervals
- Relief shading to better show the topography
- Full colour on both sides
- Hiking trails – with trail names and trail distances marked
- Mountain biking trails – with trail names and distances marked
- Hydrology – rivers, rapids and waterfalls
- Mountain names and all available mountain elevations
- All campgrounds
- Points of interest and attractions
- Picnic areas
- Highway viewpoints